IBM released Spectrum Virtualize Software V7.5.0, with support for features such as HyperSwap, Microsoft ODX, etc. vSphere vVols support is coming in the near future.
Spectrum Virtualize represents the latest generation of SAN Volume Controller Code. It’s designed to deliver storage virtualization and advanced storage capabilities, and is compatible with a variety of platforms: SAN Volume Controller, Storwize V7000, Storwize V5000 and Storwize V3700.
HyperSwap, available on Storwize V5000 and above, enables high availability of volumes replicated between two standalone, non-clustered storage systems. The feature is available out-of-the-box and requires only a Remote Replication license – the same as for non-HA volumes.
If your storage requirements are growing too fast, Spectrum Virtualize can solve your problems by providing a more efficient storage environment.
- Manage multi-vendor storage volumes from a single point
- Improve utilization of storage capacity with Thin Provisioning and In-Line Compression
- Avoid downtime for backups, maintenance, and upgrades
- Migrate data between systems without interrupting workloads
- Quickly restore data using FlashCopy functionality
- Combine Flash and Disk based system into unified pools with automatic data migration based on usage
- Automate storage environment management