The Windows 7 End of Support date is approaching: January 14, 2020. Microsoft will no longer provide software updates, technical assistance, nor security updates.
Without security updates, your system is vulnerable.
Upgrade to Windows 10
To avoid unpleasant situations, we recommend that you move to Windows 10 before January 2020. You can keep your files on your PC when upgrading and the user interface is similar to Windows 7, so orientation should not be a problem. Windows 10 can be used on multiple devices including PCs and tablets. And also, it is faster than Windows 7 on modern hardware.
Back up your files before the upgrade just to be sure.
Windows 10 Requirements
The minimum system requirements for Windows 10 are as follows:
- Latest OS: Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
- Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS
- GPU DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display: 800 x 600 resolution
For an optimal and comfortable experience, we recommend the following baseline:
- Installation of the 64-bit variant of Windows 10
- Processor: Intel i5 or equivalent
- RAM: 8 GB
- SSD: 240 GB
- Display: 1920 x 1080 pixels (Full HD)