A simple schedule management tool? That would be Shifts – an app that allows you to organize shifts for first-line workers, such as industrial workers, waiters, health workers and others that work primarily on a shift basis.
You can easily create their shift pattern and communicate with them via Shift, which is integrated into the Teams application.
The key features are:
- Shift management
- Communication among workers
- Communication between workers and managers
- Employee requests for shift swaps and vacation
Shifts is available in all Office 365 subscriptions that include the Teams application, including Education and Non-profit plans.
Create a shift in just one click!
The Shifts app is listed in the additional Teams tab (“three dots”).
When you want to create a shift for a team member, you simply double click on an empty slot in the calendar and choose the working hours. The information is shared with your team.
Also, you can add additional activities to employee’s shifts, such as lunch, breaks, etc.
A few things to keep in mind
- If you are already a Teams user, you can turn the Shifts app on or off in the Teams admin center.
- Guest users are not supported.
- You can use it on all your devices: PC, Mac, tablet, smartphone.